On Friday, we visited a migrant shelter near the town of Palenque, which has seen an increasing number of migrants as the more southern route through Tapachula has become more dangerous. In this picture, you can see migrants climbing aboard the freight cars.
The next day, we woke early to the sounds of howler monkeys. After returning to our little cabaƱa in the jungle lodge, we saw river otter float by from our back porch - who knew there were otters in Chiapas! We then spent the next five hours or so exploring the archaeological ruins of Palenque, a major urban center of the Mayas.
Hey there!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos!
I just wanted to contact you as I saw that you are a contributor to the blog - www.ao.blogspot.com
I noticed that it hasn't been used in about 6 years. Would it be possible for me to have that blog title? That would be really great if I could. Let me know what you think.
Talk to you soon.
- Rawls.